We offer our solutions on the Interactive Brokers platform. In order for us to implement our strategy for you, you first need to open an account separately with Interactive Brokers. Once your account is set up at Interactive Brokers, it’s a simple process of linking your account to our Advisor Account.
Open your account with Interactive Brokers
Link your account to our Advisor Account at Interactive Brokers
You're all set!
We do the rest. Log on anytime to see your portfolio.
What is the minimum investment amount?
The minimum investment in our solutions is $10,000.
Can I use my 401(K) or IRA for this solution?
Yes. With your 401(K), provided that you have a "brokerage window" it should be accessible.
How do I go about becoming a client?
- Review the required disclosures and the Advisor Agreement and submit the Indication of Interest Form.
- Open and fund an account with Interactive Brokers (we are not affiliated with Interactive Brokers – see Disclosure below). Once you submit the Indication of Interest Form, you will receive an email from Interactive Brokers to begin the application to open an account. If you already have an account with Interactive Brokers, then check the box confirming this.
- Once your account with Interactive Brokers is open, the account can be linked to our Advisor Account to provide us with permission to make trades and implement our strategy in your account.
There are a few different options for linking your account to us depending on whether you plan to utilize Interactive Brokers for trading in other securities, separate from the solution we implement for you:
If you do not plan on using the account for other activities, then the whole account is linked to us.
If you do plan on using the account for other trading activity, then Interactive Brokers will create a separate sub-account which will be linked to us, and you will retain access to your original account for your other activities.
Once we are notified that your account is approved for trading, we will email you with instructions on how to link your account to us.
Why Interactive Brokers?
- Low commission rates - Interactive Brokers offers some of the most competitive rates in the industry.
- Cutting edge technology platform and comprehensive reporting capabilities.
- Strength and security - In addition to an equity capital base in excess of $5 billion, customer securities accounts at Interactive Brokers are protected by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation ("SIPC"). Securities in your account are protected up to $500,000.
- Consistently rated the best online broker by Barrons.
Do you take custody of my money?
No. Accounts are custodied with Interactive Brokers LLC. Account are SIPC protected up to $500,000. Clients maintain complete ownership of all portfolio assets at all times. We have access to your account for purposes of implementing our solutions but have no ability to access funds in your account. Clients have 24/7 access to their accounts to view their portfolio, trades, and net account value. In the event we were no longer in business, you could simply resume control of your assets.
Do you provide financial planning, accounting or tax advice?
How are you compensated and when do you get paid?
We are compensated in arrears based on the account value at the end of the previous quarter. At the end of each quarter, your account will be debited for the asset management fees earned during the previous quarter.
Statements and Tax Documents.
Having established your account with IB, you can set up your preferences for receiving trade confirmations and statements. Clients can receive confirmations for all trades shortly after they are made followed by monthly statements from IB. You also have online access at any time to the account for checking confirmations, statements and tax documents.
Are Non-US investors accepted?
Yes. As long as you can open an account with IB in your country, we can manage it for you. IB is available in many countries around the world. The only additional requirement for a foreign account would be the possibility of additional documentation. Sometimes certain documents are not necessary for US accounts depending on the compliance check, but documentation is almost always required for a foreign account.
What if need to access my capital?
You can cancel and exit at any time without penalties, fees or any restrictions. Simply log on to your account and move the money back under your control, or let us know and we'll do it for you.